|"If you want to be healthy, you can be healthy. It's simply a choice that you make."
Alicia, 26, Teacher
Lost 10 kg fat, gained 3 kg lean muscle
Recently I asked Alicia a few questions about her Body Transform experience, to understand what the change meant to her.
1. Why did you do it in the first place?Usually Im quite active and into sports in general, but when the 8-week school holidays came around, I was overseas eating a lot, not doing any exercise and just letting myself get caught up in the "festive mindset". Once I started feeling awful, in bad mood swings, no energy to do anything, I knew something had to change. I had to do something about it and get back into shape - which is why I called Body Transform. I woke up at 6am one morning (feeling at my all-time lowest) and knew that if I didnt push myself to make a decision right then and there - that I would never have any control of the way I was feeling and my bad eating habits.
2. What were the best things you learnt?
The best things I learnt from the programme was the information about nutrition and the different types of food and how they affected my body, my energy levels and my 'being' in general.
Another great lesson I learnt, was finding out more and more about my own discipline. How far I could push myself if I put all my effort and heart into my trainings - its a great feeling that only brings personal satisfaction.
3. What were the best changes that you enjoyed?
The best changes I enjoyed as part of my trainings were definitely my energy levels. I had a "bring it on" attitude that gave me positive energy not only in the sports that I played, but also in the classroom where I work with students everyday, and of course in the home where I would pass on this positive attitude and energy onto the ones I love.
4. How things have gone since you finished?
Things are still going well now that I have finished the programme. I still use the same training exercises and stretches from Body Transform and I train at a level that suits my own fitness now that I know how far to push myself.
I am doing things that I never thought I'd take up, for example boxing (which takes a lot of fitness, skill and confidence).
I am a lot more knowledgable about my food intake - and I am glad that I share this information with the people I associate with every day.
I am still very much into my competitive volleyball and indoor netball, and I am excited about any fitness programme I do because I have the experience of the Body Transform programme - knowing that if I can do a full-on disciplined programme like this....I can do anything!
5. What is the no.1 reason why someone else looking to get in shape should use Body Transform?
The personal reflection, the personal motivation/discipline and inevitably the personal satisfaction that results during AND after the 3 month programme. It is the best thing that YOU can do for YOU if you need to get your body into shape:)